We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we and the companies within our Group (our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and may also include other companies that are associated through our management control but may not be a group company) collect personal information about people who are members, future members, previous members and others who may be connected with them, how this information is used, the conditions in which it can be disclosed to others and how it is kept safe.
This policy may change from time to time, so we recommend that you visit this page so you are aware of all changes and that you are satisfied.
This policy was last updated on September 7th, 2022.
WHO WE ARE
Colony Coworking Ltd (registered company number 11341416), referred to in this document as "Colony" is the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Colony decides why and how your personal information is processed.
When dealing with one or more of the companies within our Group, Colony will be the "controller" of your personal information.
A "data controller" is an organisation that decides why and how your personal information is processed.
When this policy refers to "we," "our" or "us" below, it refers to the particular company that is the controller of your personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This is information about you that you provide us, for example:
- Visiting our website (Colonyco.work)
- Using our booking portal (including the help desk)
- Viewing or following our channels on any social networking platform
- Corresponding to us by phone, email or otherwise
- Attend one of our organised member or sponsored events
- Make a booking in person, by phone or through one of our third-party brokers and it is provided by you voluntarily.
This includes the information provided when registering to use our site, expressing your interest in booking workspace, enquiring about memberships or private offices, subscribing to the services we provide through our websites and other channels, and requesting additional information. If you complete any survey that we request for research purposes, we will also collect information in such circumstances. The information you provide will usually include your name, address, email address and phone number (s), age and date of birth, details of your specific inquiry, and details of your company.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE STORE
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Information about your devices, such as IP addresses
- How you browse our websites
- Details of the products or services you purchase
- Financial information (for example credit card details, bank account numbers
- Photography and Videography
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under data protection legislation, we are required to explain why we use your information and how we use your personal information (the “processing activity”). We are also required to have a “lawful basis” on which to process your personal information, as further detailed below.
Where it is contractually required
We may use and process your personal information when we sell you a product or any service, where we organise the supply of products or services from third parties at your designated location. We will use this information to ensure that the terms of the relevant contracts are met or complied with. This may include circumstances in which we ourselves are not part of the contract, however, we have been designated to administer or provide services related to that contract.
For the purposes of this description, a "contract" generally means a cowork license agreement or, lease. See "Type of personal information we process" about you above for details about the types of personal information we process for these purposes.
Where we have evaluated there is a legitimate interest
We may use and process your personal information when we deem it necessary for our legitimate business interests, your legitimate interests as a day pass guest or potential member, or your legitimate interests.
- To communicate with you in general, for example, with your company or other relevant news.
- For marketing and events-based activities.
- For analysis to inform further improve or personalise your customer experience.
- For the security of the network and information, so we can take measures to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities.
- To review facts, evaluate and improve our service to clients through recordings of any call in our offices. For the management of any query, complaint or claim presented
- For the establishment and defence of our legal rights.
Where you have provided the consent
- We may use and process your personal information on the basis of your consent for us to do so, for the following purposes:
- To contact you by email or SMS with marketing information about our coworking services.
- To share your information with certain Group companies to communicate with you with marketing information about similar products and services.
- We will never share or sell your data with third parties to obtain business benefits without your knowledge and consent.
- You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. See Withdraw your consent for more details.
Send a Message
Get In touch
0161 974 3210